Problems of achieving a satisfactory erection are fairly common. If the problem does not originate from lack of lust and is great enough to make normal intercourse impossible, the condition is called erectile dysfunction (impotence). Erection problems are caused by combined physical and psychological factors.
THE ERECTION MECHANISM
The penis has three bodies containing a dense network of blood vessels along all its length. During erection blood is filled into the vessels of these bodies. The bodies then engorge, make the penis hard and rise it up. The filling of these bodies occur when the vessels leading blood to the penis relax and vessels draining the penis constrict their volume.
Before and during erection nerves lead impulses to the genitals. The nerve ends in this area then releases the substance nitrogen oxide. Nitrogen oxide will diffuse through the genital area and the penis and stimulate the reaction of the blood vessels in the penis.
PHYSICAL CAUSES OF ERECTION PROBLEMS
Erection problems can occur because of disorders in the nervous system sending impulses to the genital area, problems with the blood supply to the penis and anatomical problems in the penis or genital area. Specific causes can be:
– Accidents, stroke, surgery or tumours 다낭 풀빌라 hurting brain areas or areas in the spinal cord responsible for erection impulses.
– Multiple sclerosis, a disease hurting the isolating sheets around the neural fibres in the brain and spinal cord, can give erection problems.
– Accidents or diseases hurting nerves from the spinal cord to the genital region.
– Atherosclerosis caused by age or an unhealthy lifestyle, giving narrowing and hardening of blood vessels to the genital region.
– Injury to the erectile bodies caused by inflammation, accidents or diseases.
– Congenital malformations in the penis or genital region, for example hypospadias and epispadias.…